Forums > Jitter

Max 6 – Manual control of jit.gen.model via drive and node

February 14, 2012 | 9:09 am

Hi,

As per the sneak peek video of Max 6, I am simply trying to recreate manual control of the included dwarf skeleton model, though I can’t get it to work, despite doing seemingly everything I was able to catch from the video.

Here is the Max patch I duplicated from the video, and a link to the video itself. The part of the video in question starts around 4:45.

http://cycling74.com/2011/10/12/max-6-sneak-peek-jitter-opengl/

One other thing, how can I get the equivalent control of the skeleton nodes using input other than mouse control? I’d like to send my own realtime float lists from elsewhere if possible.

Thanks!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

February 14, 2012 | 6:01 pm

hi kcoul.

you are very close, only missing a few things.
first, you need to set the name attribute of your jit.gl.model before sending the "copynodestoclipboard" message.
this is because the anim.nodes are named based on the model name, and if you don’t explicitly set the model name, one will be auto-generated. this is fine, except that when you save and reopen your patch, your gl.model will have a new auto-generated name, and it won’t match up with the anim.node names.

second, you set @ui_listen 1 on your jit.anim.drive. this allows the object to receive ui messages from the drawing context (mouse and keyboard). you can then decide how to handle these ui messages by editing the ui-mapping dictionary (double click the anim.drive object to open it’s ui dictionary).

last, you need to set @drawto on your jit.anim.drive to the current render context. this allows the anim.drive to receive the ui messages.

below is a modified patch. please let me know if you have further questions.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)