Max 6 SDK – indexmap.h API

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:10pm

Max 6 SDK – indexmap.h API

Hi folks,

I am coding a complex UI external using the Max 6.1.1 SDK.
I am in a situation where the perfect data structure to use would be an indexmap.
However, all of the function prototypes declared in indexmap.h do not seem to be exported.
The API is very clear and self-explanatory in its usage, so I don’t think I will need any help with it, however I would love to be able to use it in my code.

Is that something doable with the Max 6 SDK?
Has anybody had experience with it?
Am I right in saying that the whole API is not exported or am I overlooking something?

Any comment appreciated.
Thanks.

- Luigi

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:19am

I also cannot use the indexmap module (in Max SDK 6.0.4).
I can include the header. No help. Still no exports for the functions when it links

I tried runtime binding like:

mymap = (t_indexmap *)object_new(CLASS_NOBOX, gensym("indexmap"));
mymap = (t_indexmap *)newinstance(gensym("indexmap"), 0, NULL);

But I get back a null pointer for both ways.

I see in the indexmap.h header (which must be manually included, its not nested via other Max headers) there is a private indexmap class initialization function. In Windows, if I run dbgview.exe, I can see a lot of startup debug messages that Max outputs. One of them says, “startup call: indexmap_initclass”. Therefore, I suspect some part of Max startup code has run that private init function. Perhaps, this means that runtime binding will work *if* we find the right classname to pass to the functions.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:50am

Ok, thanks diablodale for confirming this.
So any Cycling guru out there that could tell us if it’s currently possible to use this interface or if we have to wait for another revision of the SDK?

Thanks.

- Luigi

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:09am

I tried to use indexmap on a project a while back and could never get it to bind, I presumed due to a problem in the SDK. Would be nice to have it fixed.

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:32am

bump!!!

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:32pm

The t_indexmap is currently for internal use only and is not exported. This unlikely to change in the immediate future.

Cheers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.