Forums > MaxMSP

Max apps in new Apple Mac App Store?

May 24, 2012 | 8:15 pm

Very helpful, thanks Juan!

Are you seeing any errors thrown by the sandboxd process in the Console when your app starts up?

May 24, 2012 | 9:39 pm

I see a few denials when trying to write on a temp folder /private/var/tmp/tmp.0.xxxxxx
Although this doesn’t seem to prevent the app from running, it certainly should be changed to an allowed location on a future version of Max.

May 25, 2012 | 6:38 pm

Oli and I have both experienced those save temp file denials. A response we got from Cycling was that these are related to 3rd party externals that are bundled into the collective at standalone build time. The workaround suggested was to build the standalone without it including the externals into the collective, and instead just manually place them into the support folder, within the bundle. Email me if you want more specifics.

I tried that approach yesterday, but still got a few temp file write denials by sandboxd, but I may have messed something up, so eager to see if you and/or Oli and/or James have better luck.

May 26, 2012 | 11:42 am

Wow, this all seems waaaay more confusing than I first thought. Think I’m going to go with the original plan and just throw the app up onto GitHub :)

May 27, 2012 | 12:12 am

Yeah, Apple has upped the ante with this sandbox stuff….

October 5, 2012 | 12:35 am

Wish c74 would pick up on this desire to run on iOS – nearly a year has passed and no update on the max to xcode translator. I would never be able to do things in C that are trivial in max..

March 27, 2013 | 3:24 pm

Just a quick note to say that I too have been able to get substantive enhancements (more than just bug fixes) to one of my apps (Audio Plugin Player) through the Mac App Store process.

I still have the same sandboxd errors that Juan mentioned above (/private/var/tmp/tmp.0.xxxxxx denials), and also I didn’t bother with any of the new preference file saving within the Container – I just continued to use the old legacy location (~/Library/Application Support//), and it is still working fine and made it through the approval process.

So FWIW, Apple seems to be pretty "loose" right now with the sandbox stuff… hopefully it stays that way!! ;-)

Viewing 7 posts - 151 through 157 (of 157 total)