Forums > MaxMSP

max breaks down … (problem with collect?)

February 10, 2011 | 7:24 am

Hi,

I have a max patch that breaks down, when I start to collect numbers into a list at a sample rate of 20 ms.

Why does max break down? Perhaps there is a more effiscient way of making the below patch?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Thanks for your help!

ana


February 10, 2011 | 8:14 am

hmmm … looking at it closer – it looks like the update-data interferes with the incoming interaction data.

Especially when I replace the "interaction data" generator with the real incoming data that I have. The sample rate of the incoming data is varying, and the update-data message updates the list every20 ms.

How do I solve this problem?


February 10, 2011 | 9:49 am

… are there any other objects than collect that can be used to add numbers to a list? It seems like max breaks down because it can’t handle the stream of numbers that go into the collect object/max abstraction.


February 10, 2011 | 10:03 am

Hi.
If you want to look for another approach to list processing in max, you can give a look to the bach library:
http://www.bachproject.net
among the others, you have a bach.collect external…
best
aa


February 10, 2011 | 10:24 am

Thanks, I’ll try that :-)

However, the thing I am asking for should be simple to just do with the original max objects … I am afraid that my problem has something to do with the way I add numbers to the list and the way I update the numbers before they are updated to the list …


Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)