Max crash at opening, safe mode opening possible? [solved] filtergraph question

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:37pm

Max crash at opening, safe mode opening possible? [solved] filtergraph question

Hello,

I am working on a patch, where I use a filtergraph object.

I wanted in Presentation mode to be able to either manipulate the filtergraph or float boxes to enter Frequency, Gain, Q… I also wanted thoses three float boxes to update their value when manipulating the graphic display of filter graph…

It’s much like when you use the set message on a Gain~ object to either grab the fader and so set numerical value or enter numerical value wich set the fader, with only one float boxe.

When trying to find a way to achieve this result with filtergraph (if anyone has the answer BTW, I’d be interested), I did something that looped I guess. But instead of having a simple Stack Overflow error, it did crash Max/MSP.

The big problem is that when I restart Max/MSP, and reload my project to correct it, it instantly crashes Max…
So I can’t remove the fawlty connection!!!

Is there a way to open it in “safe mode”, so that I can correct the trouble maker, and continue to work on that patch (instead of redoing all from scratch!)?

Thanks.

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:43pm

My first search of the forum prior to the opening of the subject led me nowhere, but having written that post the good terms went in my mind. So I searched with safe mode, and found the solution:

command+shift while opening the file disable the Loadbang. Now the patch opens fine, few…

Still if someone has a solution for the filtergraph float boxes interaction, I’m interested.

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:43pm

Hello,

have you tried shift + cmd keys pressed while opening ?

EDIT : oops ;-)

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:45pm

Thanks a lot anyway! sorry for the trouble.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.