max for live paths/when is a patch saved in the system / in the ableton folder?

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:30pm

max for live paths/when is a patch saved in the system / in the ableton folder?

Hi all,
i’m trying to back up some projects for the future and would like to save the patches in the project. Is there an automatic way of doing this?
If not, where can i find the most updated patch and where i should put it to recompose the project in the future?
Th problem is i find some patches deep in the ableton folder sometimes but there is also the max4live folder in the system…
Thanks for explaining the logic

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:00pm

In Live use “Collect all and save” (under the File menu).

If you do that all external settings, samples and M4L patches will be copied into your project folder, thus making this fully “self supporting”. After you used this option you can safely backup your projects; even if you use these on other Live environments they’ll still work as expected.

By default new patches are being saved in your Live library. When it comes to making backups I’d also consider to backup the library every once in a while.

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:00pm

In Live use “Collect all and save” (under the File menu).

If you do that all external settings, samples and M4L patches will be copied into your project folder, thus making this fully “self supporting”. After you used this option you can safely backup your projects; even if you use these on other Live environments they’ll still work as expected.

By default new patches are being saved in your Live library. When it comes to making backups I’d also consider to backup the library every once in a while.

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:10pm

ok cool, yes i think it’s a good idea…thanks

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:10pm

ok cool, yes i think it’s a good idea…thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.