Forums > MaxMSP

"Max for Live"?

June 27, 2009 | 3:27 pm
stringtapper wrote on Fri, 26 June 2009 14:01
Soooo… Any updates? Public beta?

If you are interested in beta testing you should take a look over here: http://www.cycling74.com/special/maxforlive

Near the top it says "If you are interested in participating in the beta-test program for Max for Live, please e-mail our Max for Live Beta Test Coordinator" (with an email link).

June 27, 2009 | 4:56 pm
Adam Murray wrote on Sat, 27 June 2009 10:27
stringtapper wrote on Fri, 26 June 2009 14:01
Soooo… Any updates? Public beta?

If you are interested in beta testing you should take a look over here: http://www.cycling74.com/special/maxforlive

Near the top it says "If you are interested in participating in the beta-test program for Max for Live, please e-mail our Max for Live Beta Test Coordinator" (with an email link).

Yeah, I’ve been on the list since day one. Even sent an example patch illustrating how I use Max ReWired with Live, with nary a peep from the beta team.

June 28, 2009 | 5:38 pm
Roman Thilenius wrote on Fri, 26 June 2009 14:19
real artists perform screenless patching, live on a dark stage, on a computer without keybord and mouse.

These guys get pretty close:

http://www.myspace.com/pantomorf

mz

September 16, 2009 | 4:05 pm

Hi, I have read through this thread and I am probably setting myself up for a cussing but I am still not clear:

If I own Live 8 and get MFL, will I be able to get a pre made max5 patch for say a monome and use this patch (with a monome) in MFL, or do I have to have max5 for this.

Alternatively will there be a way of converting max5 patches to work in MFL.

Cheers Stax

September 16, 2009 | 4:13 pm
stax67 wrote on Wed, 16 September 2009 11:05
Hi, I have read through this thread and I am probably setting myself up for a cussing but I am still not clear:

If I own Live 8 and get MFL, will I be able to get a pre made max5 patch for say a monome and use this patch (with a monome) in MFL, or do I have to have max5 for this.

Alternatively will there be a way of converting max5 patches to work in MFL.

Cheers Stax

M4L IS Max 5 with the ability to pair with Live 8. You can use pre-existing Max patches but in order to do so you must first create a M4L device in Live, copy the code from the pre-existing Max patch and paste it into the window of the new M4L device, and then save the device into Live’s library.

Edit: Be aware that things will have to be tweaked once they are running in the device. It’s not going to be a situation where you just "plug and play." You’ll need to know what’s what in the patch you’re trying to port. Live handles all the incoming audio and midi so your patch will have to be modified to account for that.

September 16, 2009 | 4:37 pm

this thread just had 13373 views when i came in.

September 16, 2009 | 4:45 pm

So when will Max4Live be released?

September 16, 2009 | 4:50 pm

soon, hopefully

-A

Viewing 8 posts - 151 through 158 (of 158 total)