Max getting info from doepfer r2m

Oct 14, 2007 at 6:53am

Max getting info from doepfer r2m

wondering if its possible to get max to be able to catch the signals this controller sends out. Id like to know if there would be a way to do this (without the doepfer r2m Control Box) that Max receives the “analog resistance data” from the ribbon manual. I believe on the doepfer site it says that the ribbon controller connects to the control box via a USB cable, but with no USB functionality, so im guessing id be able to hook it into me computer via USB? Any help on the matter would be appreciated…

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:00am

At 12:53 AM -0600 10/14/07, mHatsys wrote:
>wondering if its possible to get max to be able to catch the signals this controller sends out. Id like to know if there would be a way to do this (without the doepfer r2m Control Box) that Max receives the “analog resistance data” from the ribbon manual. I believe on the doepfer site it says that the ribbon controller connects to the control box via a USB cable, but with no USB functionality, so im guessing id be able to hook it into me computer via USB? Any help on the matter would be appreciated…

The fact that it uses a USB cable is just a matter of convenience. It does not speak USB. Acquiring the R2M box is your easiest solution. You could also look into getting some device to read the analog signal from the ribbon, and convert it. Doepfer makes a couple devices for the electronic DIY crowd. Sparkfun.com has many devices that you might be able get to do this, from a DIY perspective.

I still think that getting the R2M box would be the easiest solution.

-C

Chris Muir | “There are many futures and only one status quo.
cbm@well.com | This is why conservatives mostly agree,
http://www.xfade.com | and radicals always argue.” – Brian Eno

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:46am

>wondering if its possible to get max to be able to catch the signals
>this controller sends out. Id like to know if there would be a way
>to do this (without the doepfer r2m Control Box) that Max receives
>the “analog resistance data” from the ribbon manual. I believe on
>the doepfer site it says that the ribbon controller connects to the
>control box via a USB cable, but with no USB functionality, so im
>guessing id be able to hook it into me computer via USB? Any help on
>the matter would be appreciated…
>

i had a custom cable donc, USB one side, 2 jacks at the other, and i
can plug it in any midi “thing” accepting (2) CC’s (a midi pedalboard
such as the boss FC50, or any other midi machine)

best

kasper

Kasper T. Toeplitz
noise, composition, bass, computer

http://www.sleazeArt.com

http://www.myspace.com/sleazeart

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:23pm

are you sure you dont want to use the r2m with the A-104 formant filter? :)

i dont know how to realize this doe heap, but instead of recording midi with max you should try t record the CV output of the hardware as an audio signal with max – even if you need to make it a controller signal using fiddle~ this should give better result thanthe 7- or 8-bit version you get when you use midi.

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:36pm

-
> i dont know how to realize this doe heap,

wtf have i been writing here? what does this mean? :P

i am sorry but was on the phone talking about something else (and in german) while writing this.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.