Max Help: "Debug Panel, what's that?"

Aug 20, 2008 at 6:43pm

Max Help: "Debug Panel, what's that?"

Hello,

I wanted to know what the Debug Panel is about.

I asked Max Help about it and it told me “0 total search results”. Boo?

Roald Baudoux

Aug 20, 2008 at 7:24pm

From the “Help” menu, go to “What’s New In Max 5?”, scroll down to the section “Debugging and Monitoring”, then click on the link for “Debug Window” and there should be an explanation as well as a few instructions. Albeit, not the best place to search for the info. about it, but hopefully it can give you a start.

Hope that helps.

Aug 20, 2008 at 7:28pm

weird, it looks like you can also type in “debug panel” from the search which is embedded within the “Help” menu and it will show up, but not within the Max Help window itself.

Aug 20, 2008 at 8:13pm

The Debug Panel is for the internal use of Max developers only and the menu item will be removed from the Debug menu for future releases. If its presence is bothersome, merely remove it from the menu item list in maxinterface.json.

David Z.

Aug 20, 2008 at 8:26pm

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:04pm

ah, looks like David cleared it up.
also, i was confusing the debugger with the debug panel(debugger pulls up debug window, whereas the debug panel is the internal/developer used interface for other things…)
also, on macosx max5.0.4 if you click on the help menu, there is a search engine just above the help entries, “help, reference, and query” but now i see that the debug panel that shows up is not a help doc but the actual panel. sorry for all the confusion.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.