Max influences Warcraft III copy protection??

Nov 12, 2006 at 4:06pm

Max influences Warcraft III copy protection??

You won’t believe this.. when I try to start Blizzards Warcraft III and Max is running, warcraft gives a CD-ROM drive error.

“Please verify that your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on ‘Retry’.”

When I turn Max off, warcraft starts as usual. This is reproducable.

Windows XP, Max 4.5.7., Warcraft III Frozen Throne 1.20d

- Mattijs

#28658
Nov 12, 2006 at 5:03pm

On 12 nov. 06, at 17:06, Mattijs Kneppers wrote:

> You won’t believe this.. when I try to start Blizzards Warcraft III
> and Max is running, warcraft gives a CD-ROM drive error.
>
> “Please verify that your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM
> drive, then click on ‘Retry’.”
>
> When I turn Max off, warcraft starts as usual. This is reproducable.

Did you tried with overdrive off?

Sorry I couldn’t resist :-)
ej

#88278
Nov 12, 2006 at 8:47pm

i’m inclined to think that this is PACE. does it happen when you’re
using a runtime, or just the big app?

On Nov 12, 2006, at 11:06 AM, Mattijs Kneppers wrote:

>
> You won’t believe this.. when I try to start Blizzards Warcraft III
> and Max is running, warcraft gives a CD-ROM drive error.
>
> “Please verify that your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM
> drive, then click on ‘Retry’.”
>
> When I turn Max off, warcraft starts as usual. This is reproducable.
>
> Windows XP, Max 4.5.7., Warcraft III Frozen Throne 1.20d
>
> – Mattijs
> –
> SmadSteck – http://www.smadsteck.nl
> Interactive audiovisual sampling soft- and hardware
>
>

#88279
Nov 12, 2006 at 9:17pm

Quote: joshua goldberg wrote on Sun, 12 November 2006 21:47
—————————————————-
> i’m inclined to think that this is PACE. does it happen when you’re
> using a runtime, or just the big app?

I tried, the problem only arises with the big app, not with runtime.

#88280
Nov 12, 2006 at 9:20pm

but you know that you have to use the frozen throne CD, and
not the WC III CD, do you?

#88281
Nov 12, 2006 at 9:31pm

Quote: Roman Thilenius wrote on Sun, 12 November 2006 22:20
—————————————————-
> but you know that you have to use the frozen throne CD, and
> not the WC III CD, do you?
>

Hehehe, yeah as I said it works if max is not running.

#88282

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.