Forums > Java

max.java.config.txt dynamic class dir entries

June 14, 2008 | 7:03 am

Hi maxmsp

I read Nick Rothwell’s post at http://www.cycling74.com/story/2006/2/6/95056/36615 on configuring Eclipse IDE for MXJ. It says I have to add Java IDE output directories as max.dynamic.class.dir entries in …/Cycling ‘74/java/max.java.config.txt for auto-loading. But what is meant by output directory? I use NetBeans 6.1, but I do some projects in Eclipse, so I’d like to know where to look in both cases.

best regards Todd

June 19, 2008 | 9:52 pm

The max.dynamic.class.dir entries need to be where the mxj object can find your .class files wherever Eclipse is configure to put them. The convention in the Max/MSP java folder is to have .class and .java files in the same directory (I think Nick prefers to keep sources and binaries separate).

If I have an eclipse workspace in my home folder:

martinhome
eclipseworkspace
mxjproject
a.java
a.class
b.java
b.class
etc

…I’d put (on Mac OS X) /Users/martinhome/eclipseworkspace/mxjproject as a max.dynamic.class.dir entry

June 21, 2008 | 5:44 am

Great, everything works, thanks martinrobinson !

September 14, 2009 | 12:35 am

My class path has a folder name with a space in the middle. Max/MSP doesn’t seem to like this. Is there some syntax I can use to include this folder (like the %20 used in url names) or do I have to change it to one word?
Thanks,
Aaron

February 16, 2010 | 11:36 pm

@Aaron: This is hopefully a resolved issue by now :) Anyway, (at least if using Windows) the following entry represents a valid format:

max.dynamic.class.dir "< :>/path/containing some spaces"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)