Max MidiShuffler

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:25pm

Max MidiShuffler

Hi
I create a midi track in ableton live and insert Max MidiShuffler (midi plugin of maxforlive).
I insert a midi file with different notes and each note has different length.If i record in another midi track the result processed by MidiShuffler the length of all the notes are the same configured by the parameter Note dur. that you decide in Max MidiShuffler (for example 1/8).
All the notes processed will be 1/8 length and i don,t want this,i want respect their original length.
is there any way to ignore this parameter of global duration? i want to respect the original length of the notes,the original length of the notes are the same in the result processed by Max MidiShuffler,change the order of the notes but not their length.
How can i get this?
Thanks
Regards

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:30am

MidiShuffler doesn’t handle the length of incoming notes (note-off events are ignored).
For more general note manipulations look at M4L lesson ’10-MIDI Note Operations’.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:55pm

Hi
Thanks to your answer Broc;yes i know M4L lesson ’10-MIDI Note Operations’.
MidiShuffler is perfect to change the order of the notes but dont respect the original length and lesson ’10-MIDI Note Operations’ respect the original length but is limited to change the order of the notes.
The perfect would be a mix (one max device) between them
Regards

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:11pm

…roll your own?

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:33pm

Hi Roman
Thanks to your suggestion but i am not a max programmer,if i would be i did not ask the question.
I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any max device to do what I need to buy it.
Regards

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:16pm

Hi shivadonga, I think a lot of people start out with the “I am not a programmer” belief, and then find themselves making their own stuff one day. The thing to do is to open up both of those patches and see if you can identify the functional parts that do the things you like. Are there similarities? what’s different? You can option-click objects in an unlocked patch to see the “Help Patch” and learn what each object does. You might find that it’s not that hard to alter one of them to remove the restrictions that are getting in the way of your idea. Let us know what happens.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:06am

Hi
Hi Andrew,thanks for your encouragement.Is true that in life no excuses for not doing things But also is true that the time and language are my enemies,i fight them.
Thanks
Best Wishes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.