Max MSP script is loading very slow. Taking about one or two minutes.

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:06pm

Max MSP script is loading very slow. Taking about one or two minutes.

hello everyone,

I would really appreciate your assistance. my script is loading very slow taking almost a minute or more. I have tried the script on other machines and I have not had the delay issue. The problem seems to be just with my machine. I wondered if anyone had any suggestions on how I could figure out a way to improve the speed at which it takes to start a script. I was looking at older e-mails that talk about path settings which I tried and it did not seem to have an effect. I also did remove virus software and my firewall. If anyone has any suggestions they would be very much appreciated. One other aspect is that calibration settings are not being saved as well and I wonder if they somehow tied together.I am using a Windows vista machine Thank you for your assistance.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:41pm

Post it/
Ad

Feb 17, 2010 at 8:57pm

Its good to take away viruses, but without firewall you will get them back soon…;-)
And nobody here has any idea about what script you are talking about, you didn’t tell. You could even program a script as virus to turn down a machine, no firewall will prevent you from doing strange things…

Stefan

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:52pm

If your script deals with file paths, and there are a boatload of files/folders in your file paths on your machine, then things will slow down a lot. Deleting the Preferences folder for Max will help a lot with these (and in some situations speed things up in Max itself), though you’ll lose some other settings if you do. (It re-creates itself with defaults the next time your run Max, and if there are certain things you want to save, look inside first and save some copies of the current files.) Sounds like it might be a problem in this area as it runs fast on other machines, which probably don’t have the same number of files/folders to look through.

I don’t know whether the virus/firewall element is an issue here, but I would definitely try the above before disabling that!

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:49am

hi all,

thank you for responding. i’m using a compiled exe script with the runtime. i don’t currently have the code. any ideas welcome

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.