max msp stand alone

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:34pm

max msp stand alone

Hi everyone… i’ve some questions about stand alone …
in the interface, i would hide the letter “p” before the name of the various subpatch ( for example if i have a patcher object called “p filter”, i would see only “filter” )
i have removed max window when patch is loaded… but how can i remove other max menu when the stand alone is loaded?

thanks , bye
Paolo

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:58pm

For question #1 see the attachment here.

For question #2, see the [menubar] object.

Attachments:
  1. demo.maxpat.zip
Nov 1, 2010 at 9:07pm

For question 2, please see this thread for a complete explanation:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=28709

What Noob4Life mentioned, the [menubar] object, is actually a way to control which items are in the menu, not a way to remove the menu altogether (as far as I know).

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:44am

thanks … the first question is resolved… i’m trying with menubar for hide others menu but i think that it only substitutes present menus… ant…could you post an example about it ? i have not comprehend well what i should do after reading your link…

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:54pm

See below. Note that this is only relevant for Windows. As far as I know, there is no way to remove the top window on a Mac.

Also note that the [deferlow] is necessary. Without it, your standalone would start with the Max window, even if you specifically told it not to via the [standalone] object.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Nov 2, 2010 at 6:15pm

Not sure if any of this is what you want, but to actually hide the menu bar entirely, you can put the following in message boxes and trigger them:

;max hidemenubar
;max showmenubar

If you want to hide the title bar, you can use a message to thispatcher, ‘window notitle, window exec’ and ‘window title, window exec’

-Ben

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.