Forums > MaxMSP

Max Opening hundreds of sub-patches on load!

May 28, 2009 | 1:56 pm

I have a max patch that I’ve been working on for a number of months. Just recently for some reason 100′s of iterations of sub-patch windows (where I have used abstractions or poly patches) are opening with the patch. How do I stop them from opening when I just want to be able to see the front level patch and nothing else?

Thanks, and again, sorry for my noobness Smile

May 28, 2009 | 3:02 pm

Subpatcher are opened on loadbang if the parent patcher was saved with the subpatcher opened. You just need to open your poly~ abstraction and save it with the subpatcher closed.

May 28, 2009 | 6:10 pm

Thanks, I thought it would be that, but I wasn’t aware that it would happen with patchers within sub patchers within patchers… etc. Thanks very much, I’ve fixed it now Smile

May 29, 2009 | 12:01 am

Save main patch with all subpatches closed!

May 29, 2009 | 12:21 am

I already fixed it, but no that wouldn’t have worked. Not when you have sub patches (‘patchname’)within subpatches (‘p patchname’) within subpatches (‘patchname’). You have to go to the bottom level and open the original patcher, then close the sub patch from there and save it, then re-open the main patch…

May 29, 2009 | 6:38 am

the problem is that "window is opened" – as well as
"an objects position had been moved" does not create
a dirty bit in the parent, and you have to do your
"save" on your own without any notification by mighty
computerov.
i run into this trap regulary when moving GUI objects
around.

May 29, 2009 | 6:45 am
Roman Thilenius wrote on Fri, 29 May 2009 01:38

the problem is that "window is opened" – as well as
"an objects position had been moved" does not create
a dirty bit in the parent, and you have to do your
"save" on your own without any notification by mighty
computerov.

the same thing happens with [preset] in Max 5, I remember when you saved a preset in Max 4 you’d see the "dirty bit" indicator, but here (XP, 5.0.6) I don’t get one when I save a new preset. If I close without saving, the new preset is lost.

December 2, 2013 | 8:52 am

anything changed in max 6 concerning this topic: subpatch windows
opening ?

its very annoying with big patches, an option to not let
this happen in max settings would be nice…

December 2, 2013 | 8:55 am

It’s the same and it makes sense the way it is. About the dirty bit, I don’t know, it shouldn’t be like that maybe but I find it not so important.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)