Forums > MaxMSP

Max Overview

June 21, 2007 | 1:06 pm

Sorry…I identified the software incorrectly. I have Max Overview working
fine on an intel with 4.6 but it doesn’t sem to work on ppc with 4.5. I
think I followed the installation instructions correctly. Does anyone have
it working ppc/4.5?

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


June 21, 2007 | 1:11 pm

Gary, what is Max Overview?

Mattijs

Quote: Gary Lee Nelson wrote on Thu, 21 June 2007 15:06
—————————————————-
> Sorry…I identified the software incorrectly. I have Max Overview working
> fine on an intel with 4.6 but it doesn’t sem to work on ppc with 4.5. I
> think I followed the installation instructions correctly. Does anyone have
> it working ppc/4.5?
>
> Cheers
> Gary Lee Nelson
> Oberlin College
> http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
>
>
>
—————————————————-


June 21, 2007 | 1:28 pm

http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/Share/StefanTiedje

Try it. You’ll like it. ;-)

On 6/21/07 9:11 AM, "Mattijs Kneppers" wrote:

>
> Gary, what is Max Overview?
>
> Mattijs
>
> Quote: Gary Lee Nelson wrote on Thu, 21 June 2007 15:06
> —————————————————-
>> Sorry…I identified the software incorrectly. I have Max Overview working
>> fine on an intel with 4.6 but it doesn’t sem to work on ppc with 4.5. I
>> think I followed the installation instructions correctly. Does anyone have
>> it working ppc/4.5?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Gary Lee Nelson
>> Oberlin College
>> http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
>>
>>
>>
> —————————————————-
>
>
> –
> SmadSteck – http://www.smadsteck.nl
> Hard- and software for interactive audiovisual sampling

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


June 21, 2007 | 1:51 pm

Ah, very nice. Good work Stefan!

While browsing I get some errors (copied from the max window):

coll: finished, 19 lines
coll: finished, 11 lines
coll: finished, 5 lines
coll: finished, 24 lines
coll: finished, 9 lines
• error: script: delete: no variable comm[1]
• error: script: delete: no variable mess[1]
• error: script: delete: no variable comm[0]
coll: finished, 8 lines
coll: finished, 31 lines
• error: script: connect: no variable mess[7]
coll: finished, 11 lines
coll: finished, 26 lines

And sorry, I can’t help noticing spelling mistakes ;)

too obvious but usefull as comment
Convert a symtol to a list of floats

Very useful tool though!

Mattijs

Quote: Gary Lee Nelson wrote on Thu, 21 June 2007 15:28
—————————————————-
> http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/Share/StefanTiedje
>
> Try it. You’ll like it. ;-)
>
>


June 21, 2007 | 4:05 pm

Wht platform and max version are you using? My orginal question is whether
it works on ppc with max 4.5

On 6/21/07 9:51 AM, "Mattijs Kneppers" wrote:

>
> Ah, very nice. Good work Stefan!
>
> While browsing I get some errors (copied from the max window):
>
> coll: finished, 19 lines
> coll: finished, 11 lines
> coll: finished, 5 lines
> coll: finished, 24 lines
> coll: finished, 9 lines
> • error: script: delete: no variable comm[1]
> • error: script: delete: no variable mess[1]
> • error: script: delete: no variable comm[0]
> coll: finished, 8 lines
> coll: finished, 31 lines
> • error: script: connect: no variable mess[7]
> coll: finished, 11 lines
> coll: finished, 26 lines
>
> And sorry, I can’t help noticing spelling mistakes ;)
>
> too obvious but usefull as comment
> Convert a symtol to a list of floats
>
>
> Very useful tool though!
>
> Mattijs
>
> Quote: Gary Lee Nelson wrote on Thu, 21 June 2007 15:28
> —————————————————-
>> http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/Share/StefanTiedje
>>
>> Try it. You’ll like it. ;-)
>>
>>
>
> –
> SmadSteck – http://www.smadsteck.nl
> Hard- and software for interactive audiovisual sampling

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


June 21, 2007 | 4:10 pm

Max 4.6.3, OS 10.4.9

The errors result in some comments not being deleted, so the window looks a little messy, but apart from that it works here.

Mattijs

Quote: Gary Lee Nelson wrote on Thu, 21 June 2007 18:05
—————————————————-
> Wht platform and max version are you using? My orginal question is whether
> it works on ppc with max 4.5
>
>
> On 6/21/07 9:51 AM, "Mattijs Kneppers" wrote:
>
> >
> > Ah, very nice. Good work Stefan!
> >
> > While browsing I get some errors (copied from the max window):
> >
-


June 21, 2007 | 5:04 pm

Yes, that one works for me but our labs still have ppc with 4.5 and it’s no
go so far.

On 6/21/07 12:10 PM, "Mattijs Kneppers" wrote:

>
> Max 4.6.3, OS 10.4.9
>
> The errors result in some comments not being deleted, so the window looks a
> little messy, but apart from that it works here.
>
> Mattijs
>
> Quote: Gary Lee Nelson wrote on Thu, 21 June 2007 18:05
> —————————————————-
>> Wht platform and max version are you using? My orginal question is whether
>> it works on ppc with max 4.5
>>
>>
>> On 6/21/07 9:51 AM, "Mattijs Kneppers" wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Ah, very nice. Good work Stefan!
>>>
>>> While browsing I get some errors (copied from the max window):
>>>
> -
>
>
> –
> SmadSteck – http://www.smadsteck.nl
> Hard- and software for interactive audiovisual sampling

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


June 21, 2007 | 9:46 pm

Hi Gary

I’m on a ppc (1.5 GHz G4). I launched my old copy of 4.5 and the Max Overview appears to work fine
(it doesn’t want to open the manuals, but it’s looking for the 4.6 ones…). I only played with it for a
minute or two. Good luck.

David

———- Original Message ———————————-
From: Gary Lee Nelson
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:04:08 -0400

>Yes, that one works for me but our labs still have ppc with 4.5 and it’s no
>go so far.
>
>
>On 6/21/07 12:10 PM, "Mattijs Kneppers" wrote:
>
>>
>> Max 4.6.3, OS 10.4.9
>>
>> The errors result in some comments not being deleted, so the window looks a
>> little messy, but apart from that it works here.
>>
>> Mattijs
>>
>> Quote: Gary Lee Nelson wrote on Thu, 21 June 2007 18:05
>> —————————————————-
>>> Wht platform and max version are you using? My orginal question is whether
>>> it works on ppc with max 4.5
>>>
>>>
>>> On 6/21/07 9:51 AM, "Mattijs Kneppers"
wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Ah, very nice. Good work Stefan!
>>>>
>>>> While browsing I get some errors (copied from the max window):
>>>>
>> -
>>
>>
>> –
>> SmadSteck – http://www.smadsteck.nl
>> Hard- and software for interactive audiovisual sampling
>
>
>Cheers
>Gary Lee Nelson
>Oberlin College
>http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
>
>
>

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It’s easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at http://www.doteasy.com


June 22, 2007 | 5:57 am

any instructions on getting this to work on xp?

On 6/21/07, David Morneau wrote:
>
> Hi Gary
>
> I’m on a ppc (1.5 GHz G4). I launched my old copy of 4.5 and the Max
> Overview appears to work fine
> (it doesn’t want to open the manuals, but it’s looking for the 4.6ones…). I only played with it for a
> minute or two. Good luck.
>
> David
>
> ———- Original Message ———————————-
> From: Gary Lee Nelson
> Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:04:08 -0400
>
> >Yes, that one works for me but our labs still have ppc with 4.5 and it’s
> no
> >go so far.
> >
> >
> >On 6/21/07 12:10 PM, "Mattijs Kneppers" wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> Max 4.6.3, OS 10.4.9
> >>
> >> The errors result in some comments not being deleted, so the window
> looks a
> >> little messy, but apart from that it works here.
> >>
> >> Mattijs
> >>
> >> Quote: Gary Lee Nelson wrote on Thu, 21 June 2007 18:05
> >> —————————————————-
> >>> Wht platform and max version are you using? My orginal question is
> whether
> >>> it works on ppc with max 4.5
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On 6/21/07 9:51 AM, "Mattijs Kneppers"
wrote:
> >>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Ah, very nice. Good work Stefan!
> >>>>
> >>>> While browsing I get some errors (copied from the max window):
> >>>>
> >> -
> >>
> >>
> >> –
> >> SmadSteck – http://www.smadsteck.nl
> >> Hard- and software for interactive audiovisual sampling
> >
> >
> >Cheers
> >Gary Lee Nelson
> >Oberlin College
> >http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It’s easy
> with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at http://www.doteasy.com
>


June 23, 2007 | 8:34 am

Mattijs Kneppers schrieb:
> Ah, very nice. Good work Stefan!

Thanks…

> While browsing I get some errors (copied from the max window):
>
> • error: script: delete: no variable comm[1]
> • error: script: delete: no variable mess[1]
> • error: script: delete: no variable comm[0]
> • error: script: connect: no variable mess[7]

They should not happen, but they are harmless. Do they come up always?
or just occasional?
I try to keep track of the messages and comments which are all scripted,
they might get confused at some point…

If you save the patcher to fix the place for example, you should double
click the big red bar, to clear the actual overview…

And if you find spelling errors, just ctrl-click the red bar, which will
open the corresponding coll, correct it and save it…
You can also add you own entries with the same principle…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


June 23, 2007 | 8:34 am

David Morneau schrieb:
> I’m on a ppc (1.5 GHz G4). I launched my old copy of 4.5 and the Max Overview appears to work fine
> (it doesn’t want to open the manuals, but it’s looking for the 4.6 ones…). I only played with it for a
> minute or two. Good luck.

Yes, the manual menu has to be edited by hand, its not filled
automatically as the other menus… I might change that for the future…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


June 23, 2007 | 8:34 am

yair reshef schrieb:
> any instructions on getting this to work on xp?

Should be the same as on Mac, I did it recently for a friend and it
seemed to work. Not thoroughly tested though…
To find out problems which can arise, I need error messages or a better
description what does not work…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)