Forums > Max For Live

Max patch for custom midi control with PUSH

May 18, 2014 | 1:10 pm

Hi All

Years ago I built myself an 8 track midi mixing desk which is still the best controller I have – 4 pots per channel + 5 buttons and a fader, from the midibox.org protocol (see here – http://www.midibox.org/users/tor_arne/midibox64_walkthrough/)

Its awesome. Anyway I always used to hard map this to Ableton for my 8 tracks and then midi map all my pots etc.

I have bought PUSH and I would love to be able to retain the use of my controller in tandem with PUSH. I am wondering whether M4L would give me the tools to be able to follow PUSH’s 8 Channel grid and control the 8 Channels within that bracket and so my MIDI controller works relative to the position of PUSH – so that strip 1 is always the volume and EQ’s of channel 1 and so forth. So I could work on bigger projects and always have the MIDI desk setup. I have read and been learning about M4L but I want to check if someone thinks my plan is feasible within M4L as I am unclear – and any pointers would be hugely appreciated. I know there’s lots to learn, I guess I just want to find out if its even worth exploring and if someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

Toby

Attachments:
  1. 486566_10151003309795698_1624628142_n

June 8, 2014 | 6:13 pm

Yep it’s quite simply doable. You need to monitor the "red box".

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)