max patch on iphone?

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:58am

max patch on iphone?

hello everybody!
probably it’s a stupid question…
but it would be so fantastic if it could work: is there any way to run a max patch on an iphone? i don’t mean to control a max patch on a computer using an iphone, i know how that works… what i mean is to run (install) a max patch on an iphone – alike an iphone application!
thanks!

Dec 12, 2008 at 9:04am

http://www.ehow.com/how_2315111_run-mac-os-x-iphone.html

with os x installed you can run a max application, too.

jrp

Dec 12, 2008 at 9:06pm

wow, this looks great, but has anyone actually tested it? seems like you can run *many* programs, but the iPhone doesn’t have a complete osX, does it?

Think: max patches on sale in the Apple Store!!

Dec 13, 2008 at 9:53am

i was thinking about that… imagine how many possibilties for max programmers all over the world. max would be the perfect tool to create such small and interesting gimmicks for the iphone…

@cycling: would be perfect if you could create a “make iphone application”, same as “build collective”… ;)

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:31am

Hi,

you should check :

http://rjdj.me/

(it loads pd patches without GUI but makes use of accelerometer datas and touch actions)

Leo

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:49pm

–>
i was thinking about that… imagine how many possibilties for max programmers all over the world. max would be the perfect tool to create such small and interesting gimmicks for the iphone…
–>

I know—think about when you see little “drum machine” apps, video or audio mixers, MIDI players, etc… all made with code-based languages… how much easier to just do these in Max!

–>
@cycling: would be perfect if you could create a “make iphone application”, same as “build collective”… ;)
–>

Hopefully they wouldn’t have to, if the OSX actually runs enough to support patches, or even basic ones. I wonder how this will play out, it would really be quite something to explore. That one can utilize Pd (or a simplified version of it) is great news though.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:52pm

http://www.ehow.com/how_2315111_run-mac-os-x-iphone.html

with os x installed you can run a max application, too.”

so has anyone does this, it seems too easy to be true,

i havn’t tried it myself, as i’m still sceptical,

CC

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:27pm

The iPhone doesn’t “operate OS X” per se – that’s a very strange term to use IMO.

However, there are plenty of OSC apps available for the iPhone – so even if you can’t run a patch “on the phone” you can surely control one FROM the phone.

If you’re primarily interested in audio, check out Jasuto (Pro) for the iPhone – it’s kinda Max-like – maybe more like Turbosynth from back in the day but much cooler.

Jan 17, 2010 at 5:24pm

@earsmack

i currently use an OSC app which is awesome,

Jasuto looks cool though, ill check that out,

thanks alot mate!

C

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:37am

cant do max on the app store as it would violate their clause in the use policy that prohibits interpreted code. ;(.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.