max stalls completely for short periods of time when using video buffer

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:18am

max stalls completely for short periods of time when using video buffer

hey folks,
for months already i have this rather complex problem and i’m just in a serious dead end here.
i work with a large, disk based live video buffer which works perfectly well – until after a while, the system will start to stall for something like half a second every 60 seconds dropping frames from the camera…
it’s really weird since these “stalls” happen, once they start, at very regular intervals.

it took me the whole day to isolate and document this issue properly (see patch) but i know i still do ask a lot of you guys since to reproduce this issue, you will need to install an external (because of a known bug to jit.matrix) and run the patch for some time.

well.. if anyone wants to earn some serious karma, please have a go at the patch below, it’s all explained in detail in there.

all the best and very big thanks to everyone trying the patch!!!
karl

p.s. for some odd reason i can’t post my patch inline which is why i attached it as zip-file…

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:40am

… … …
any ideas or guesses anyone? or am i really the only one to experience max freezing for short periods of time at regular intervals?
best
k

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.