Forums > MaxMSP

Max 'standalone' for website interaction..

June 28, 2010 | 10:53 pm

Hey everyone, I am working on a patch that I would like to incorporate into my website… this to me sounds impossible but does anyone know of anyway in which to isolate a patch as an individual program and say have a lcd object with mouse tracker usable in a website enviroment… something like a translation into flash… this sounds naive even to me. Let me know, I would love to hear any advice or links to anyone who has done this!
Thanks in advance

J

June 28, 2010 | 11:19 pm

This isn’t possible.

June 29, 2010 | 1:03 am

It isn’t possible the way you describe. You’d need to host the patch on a server and write the GUI in flash and use something like flashserver or FLOSC to communicate between the two. Unfortunately it is not quite as simple as uploading your patch to the web. Try searching the forums for those terms and see what other people have come up with.

lh

EMV
July 2, 2010 | 11:12 am

I think you would be better off trying to create your patch with Processing or Flash entirely, then you can just include it in your website as a java applet / flash object.

July 27, 2010 | 7:38 am

it would be cool in the future if all you did need to do is load up your .maxpat in a special folder for this, also using other things like flashserver or flosc.
more or less because i have a flash site and some nice patches which would be cool for others to use online. more so for people who dont own max, but are interested.

lewis edwards
——
smokingbunny.co.uk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)