Forums > MaxMSP

Max to lemur, multislider list open sound control question

December 23, 2011 | 8:38 pm

Hi,

Lemur Multisliders take a list for input over OSC. I need to find a way to send only for example the 3rd value in the list so that the 3rd slider in the lemur’s multislider changes value and all the others stay in place. There must be an easy way to do this??

Please let me know if I haven’t been clear enough.
thanks

December 24, 2011 | 10:41 am

hi.

what you do is have a multislider in Max. *that* is easily updated in this way, and it’ll politely pass the whole list to the Lemur.

December 24, 2011 | 11:21 am

I guess the point is to have a bidirectional communication. So if you know the values of the lemur multislider, you can have them alle updated, but with only one slider changing..
cheers

December 24, 2011 | 3:12 pm

thanks for the replies, the thing is I’m unpacking a few OSC lists coming from lemur Multisliders in a poly~ patch where I’m using thispoly and zl nth to get the item in the list I need for each instance of the poly~. That way everything is tidy, the OSC goes into the poly~ and everything is sorted in the poly~. this way I can also create multiple poly~ objects easily.
So where I get my problem is for feedback on the lemur, I can’t find a way to repack the OSC in the poly~

March 12, 2012 | 7:47 pm

@lucasparis
> So where I get my problem is for feedback on the lemur, I can’t find a way to repack the OSC in the poly~
I have the EXACT same thing going, and came up with this.

… the thing is I’m stuck here, because the Lemur and the sends in Live for some reason become oh so sluggish,
so I guess this isn’t exactly what were looking for.

Have you gotten any further with the problem?

Anders

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)