Forums > Max For Live

Max4live syncing with transport and metro and time signatures

May 1, 2011 | 2:47 am

i started looking at the max4live tutorials, and found the transport object to get the bpm and time signature from live and i can use metro to tap into the global transport(which max will get from live) to bang on the beat.. in the example it used:
"metro 4n @quantize 4n @autostart 1 @autostarttime 0" will produce a bang on every quarter note.. But what if If live’s time signature isn’t in quarternote time, but say in 8th notes (4/8), how do i tell metro to bang on the 8th note?

thanks
bryan

May 1, 2011 | 12:25 pm

Metro attributes can be set by messages like [interval 8n] and [quantize 8n].

May 23, 2011 | 2:07 am

which tutorial were you looking at? I’m trying to learn how to do exactly that.

May 23, 2011 | 3:47 am

Hey,
inside of Max, i clicked help -> max4live, then checked out the Timing and synchronization area on the right.. I also pasted the section of my patch the does this and takes the bottom part of the time signature into account..

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

May 24, 2011 | 12:41 am

Hmmm… that’s not working. What I’m trying to do is get Live transport information into a max patch that isn’t a M4L patch within Live. Nothing I’ve tried is working out! Sometimes the transport doesn’t even recognize "live" as an option when I "getclocksources"

This is my first time trying to get timecode information across software, and it’s giving me nightmares. I have a feeling I’m missing something super-obvious to more experienced patchers. :-(

Any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)