Forums > MaxMSP

[max5] crash report: dynamically changing patch in poly~

May 7, 2008 | 12:09 pm

Hello.

While dynamically changing patches inside [poly~] and opening/closing them, I have tons of "zgetfn, getfn, corrupt object, freeobject…" errors.
As soon as I try to rename the main patcher (myBox) to re-initialize it, max crashes.

Find all patches + crash report in the attached archive (patches are very basic).

Steps to reproduce:
-open main patch
-open myBox subpatch
-change patch inside [poly~] (with umenu)
-open poly~ (dble click or "open 1" message)
-close poly~
(this seems to happen randomly, sometimes on 1st try, sometimes after a few times…)
-if max didn’t crash yet, just rename myBox patcher in main patch with same name (to get rid of "getfn" errors) -> max crashes then

Sorry if this is not very precise, it’s been hours I’m trying to reproduce it exactly but I couldn’t.

Ciao.

May 9, 2008 | 8:15 am

bad crash here when trying to replace dinamically patch loaded into poly..i hope it will be fixed soon since this new feature is fantastic

May 9, 2008 | 8:19 am

i can’t find in documentation how to change dinamically poly content..is it documented?

May 9, 2008 | 8:28 am

hi,
in my side, when i dynamically change the patches in a poly~, its working quite ok but the thing when i open the patch (clicking on the poly) and close it with the little cross of the window , the poly becomes empty and then its impossible to reload that patch (you can only reload the patch who have his name on the poly object in that case).
strangely it s working perfect when you use the message "open" and "wclose"…

macbook/leopard

clap clap

freeka

May 9, 2008 | 9:23 am

Thanks for the example. The bug you reported will be fixed in the next update. If anyone has an example of a crash when changing the poly~ patcher we will be happy to look at it.

David Z.

May 9, 2008 | 2:11 pm

..mmm sorry..can anyone tell me where poly~ "patchername" message is documented?..i can’t find it anywhere..

May 9, 2008 | 2:19 pm

to be honest i just clicked once on the first inlet of the poly object and looked all the message that can be send to the object
;)

May 9, 2008 | 3:12 pm

On 9 mai 08, at 16:19, freeka wrote:

> to be honest i just clicked once on the first inlet of the poly
> object and looked all the message that can be send to the object
> ;)

There will be an example in poly~ help file in the next coming soon
hopefully incremental.

ej

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)