Max5 documentation

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:28am

Max5 documentation

I’ve always enjoyed the Max/MSP/jitter docs, and I have printed a lot of them. This was easy when they where in the PDF-format. I understand that the documentation part is changed now, and in many ways the new system is very nice.

If I want to print part of the docs I can go on the internet and do it from there. There I can also make the text bigger. That’s two features I can’t seem to find in the built in documentation? Making the text bigger is the most imoportant one since I like to push the laptop away, and read manuals in a comfy position from the sofa, navigating with a mighty mouse;)

Apr 24, 2008 at 9:34am

yes me too I have experienced that
it was better if I can change the font size…too little with these
apple unbearable screens

On 24 Apr 2008, at 08:28, Lut Lei wrote:

>
> I’ve always enjoyed the Max/MSP/jitter docs, and I have printed a
> lot of them. This was easy when they where in the PDF-format. I
> understand that the documentation part is changed now, and in many
> ways the new system is very nice.
>
> If I want to print part of the docs I can go on the internet and do
> it from there. There I can also make the text bigger. That’s two
> features I can’t seem to find in the built in documentation? Making
> the text bigger is the most imoportant one since I like to push the
> laptop away, and read manuals in a comfy position from the sofa,
> navigating with a mighty mouse;)

Apr 27, 2008 at 1:18pm

I’ve also noticed that the usual apple+”>” or apple+”< " shortcuts doesn't work on my system, when the help window is active. Is it supposed to be like that?

OSX 10.5.2, Max 5.01. Macbook pro 2.33 C2D

Apr 27, 2008 at 5:08pm

Forgot to say that I expect apple+”>” to cycle through open windows, which it does in Max5 also, except when the docs are active.

Apr 27, 2008 at 6:19pm

Also the ability to cycle through all of the open windows for a given application with the Command + ~ key combination (A standard OS X function) isn’t working. It appears to work when you are in the main help window that lists the tutorials, but once you select a tutorial the ability to cycle through windows will stop at the tutorial and subsequent cycle commands are greeted with the error noise. It also works when the documentation isn’t open in a tutorial (cycling through X number of open patches).

Apr 28, 2008 at 4:06am

Looks the ~ Command key combo was fixed with the 5.1 update! Nice turnaround.

Apr 28, 2008 at 5:51am

ok, it looks like i was wrong, it stopped working somewhere along the way … it appears there are still some bugs to be worked out ;)

Apr 28, 2008 at 6:42am

Cmd+tilde not working is a bug related to our use of WebKit which we have been unable to work around. Basically there are a large number of annoying issues with window focus and WebKit that you will encounter when using a documentation window. These probably won’t be fixed any time in the near future, unfortunately. As long as you don’t open a documentation window, cmd-tilde should work. There are other window-related issues Apple has been investigating for almost two months and has been unable to solve for us: double-click on a title bar stops working after you use a pop-up menu, and Hide Application stops working around the same time, but somewhat less predictably.

David Z.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.