Forums > Java

[max5] mxj and attributes list

April 28, 2008 | 1:46 pm

hi there!

beside hating the new over-antialiased look and loving (most of) the new features, i am missing something:

with normal objects, you can click on an inlet, and you will be represented a list with the available attributes. there you can choose one and a message box gets automatically created, a function which i really find handy.

but: with java externals this doesn’t seem to work – you won’t even see the exposed attributes (which was working in max4)?

micha

April 30, 2008 | 9:52 am

April 30, 2008 | 12:19 pm

yepp, i know it is a big improvement, this is why i am so keen on it. but: that i now don’t even see the declared attributes of a java external is rather a step backwards!

hm, i am little disappointed that there are no replies to this (ben?), as there is obviously a function missing, that was working before.

btw: what do you mean with the todo list?

April 30, 2008 | 4:15 pm

April 30, 2008 | 4:16 pm

> hm, i am little disappointed that there are no replies to this (ben?), as there is obviously a function missing, that was working before.

Tomorrow is Labour Day. I hope c74 will have a day off ;)

> btw: what do you mean with the todo list?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Task_list#Task_list

April 30, 2008 | 4:51 pm

the mxj attributes are in their own world and were done before the
rest of max had attributes.
they were based on the notion of jitter attributes but implemented
separately. the mxj attribute
system wasn’t brought up to date during the max5 overhaul so can’t
take advantage of this stuff.
once it is is line it will be able to. i have no idea whether this
will happen or not.
t

On Apr 30, 2008, at 05:19 AM, micha wrote:

>
> yepp, i know it is a big improvement, this is why i am so keen on
> it. but: that i now don’t even see the declared attributes of a
> java external is rather a step backwards!
>
> hm, i am little disappointed that there are no replies to this
> (ben?), as there is obviously a function missing, that was working
> before.
>
> btw: what do you mean with the todo list?

May 1, 2008 | 7:53 pm

May 2, 2008 | 3:53 pm

thanks joshua and topher for the insights, i forgot that there is of course a bridging layer involved between the java and the max world. nevertheless it is a great pity that this hasn’t been updated, esp. under the aspect what leopold just wrote, that you have to open the source code to see what functions etc. are valid.

ok, so i keep waiting ;-)…

ps: please (while talking about todos), add a "anti-alias 0" option to the interface – i can’t find a proper font and size setting that makes economical use of the screensize and won’t give me a headache after a couple of minutes of working with max…

cheers

micha

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)