[max5 oversight?] "Legacy Scripting Code"

May 8, 2008 at 3:40pm

[max5 oversight?] "Legacy Scripting Code"

there is no way to generate “legacy scripting code” from new max patches. how is one to script anything without knowing the undocumented syntax?

I cant go back to 4.6 because it wont open maxpats
I cant use copy and paste because it does new code.

any ideas?

May 8, 2008 at 11:14pm

> there is no way to generate “legacy scripting code” from new max patches. how is one to script anything without knowing the undocumented syntax?

I don’t know what you’re trying to do exactly, but there are working scripting demos in the examples folder as well as the thispatcher.help file that demonstrate the extent to which Max 4 scripting syntax is supported. We warned you long ago that #N and #P syntax would not be supported forever, and that day has arrived.

There are also enhancements to scripting that reflect the Max 5 attribute syntax. Perhaps EJ or another person in the know will be able to post some simple examples.

David Z.

May 8, 2008 at 11:41pm

Hey david,
I didn’t mean to freak anyone out. I think I’ve wrapped my head around it now that I’ve noticed that sending 10 or so attribute messages *AFTER* I’ve created the object wont make it flicker or wig out in anyway.

Ya gotta understand that it took me 10 days to realize I could ANIMATE objects and Scroll patchers with out all sorts of redraw errors. (kick ass)

Basically it appears we’ve traded one unreadable script message for many readable script messages. fine with me.

May 9, 2008 at 12:09am

On 9 mai 08, at 01:14, David Zicarelli wrote:

> There are also enhancements to scripting that reflect the Max 5
> attribute syntax. Perhaps EJ or another person in the know will be
> able to post some simple examples.

Here are some examples of the newobject syntax. This will allow you to
set attributes at instantiation, instead of sending them latter. Will
be in the help file of [thispatcher] in the new coming soon hopefully
incremental ;-)

ej

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
May 9, 2008 at 3:19am

oooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.