Forums > Java

Max6 [mxj] hang

November 20, 2013 | 11:06 am

Hi folks,

I’m os OSX 10.9, with Max 6, working on a large Java-based project (https://github.com/josiah-wolf-oberholtzer/oovu).

If I attempt to instantiate an [mxj] with one of my classes, Max hangs forever. If, however, I first instantiate one of the example Java classes (e.g. [mxj echo]), and then instantiate one of mine, everything runs perfectly.

I’ve tried shuffling things in my Java project around, exporting a Jar instead of letting Max use the class files, tinkering with the settings in the max.java.config.txt file, moving my one non-max.jar dependency (log4j.jar) to different locations. No dice.

Finally, if I instantiate any of my Java classes in Max 5, everything works perfect.

Any ideas?

November 20, 2013 | 12:04 pm

Hi Josiah,

Currently, there are some issues with mxj and Mac OS 10.9 and we hope to have a fix soon. As a workaround, I believe that if you unjar your files, things should work ok.

-Ben

November 20, 2013 | 1:28 pm

Great, thanks!

I ended up removing my one external JAR dependency entirely – which was only to help with debugging when running unit tests in Eclipse -, and everything seems to be OK. My largest patches load in about ~1 second, which is awesome.

A maybe related issue:

The project is structured to work with Max6′s package system. If I put the project into the packages directory, the very first time (and only the very first time) I open any patch making use of my Java classes, Max hangs for 30-45 seconds.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)