maxinterface.json edit troubles

Apr 29, 2008 at 11:49am

maxinterface.json edit troubles

Hello,

When i try to add the line :

“shortcut_windows” : “shift+L”

to “lineupconnections”, Max 5.0.1 doesn’t load properly. It loads but
without the menus (File, Edit, etc). When i roll back to a clean
maxinterface.json, it’s ok.

Is there a trick to edit your own shortcuts ? Things to know (like
capital letters seem to mean “ctrl+letter”)? Specific to Windows ?

cheers

f.e

ps: complete entry is :

{
“message” : “lineupconnections”,
“label” : “Align Connections”,
“target” : “owner”,
“shortcut_mac” : “option+Y”
“shortcut_windows” : “shift+L”
},


f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
>>>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
>>>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|

#37374
Apr 29, 2008 at 12:19pm

On 29 avr. 08, at 13:49, f.e wrote:

> {
> “message” : “lineupconnections”,
> “label” : “Align Connections”,
> “target” : “owner”,
> “shortcut_mac” : “option+Y”
> “shortcut_windows” : “shift+L”
> },

You’re missing comas at the end of one line:

{
“message” : “lineupconnections”,
“label” : “Align Connections”,
“target” : “owner”,
“shortcut_mac” : “option+Y”,
“shortcut_windows” : “shift+L”
},

ej

#129114
Apr 29, 2008 at 2:14pm

Hi !

I got some problems also editing the maxinterface.json… It showed up that if you edit it with an external editor (as Smultron in my case), Max does not start normally afterwards.

I am thinking of an character encoding problem…
Which encoding should be used ? Unicode ? UTF-8 ? UTF-16 ?

Or simply edit it with Max5 ;)

Cheers

#129115
Apr 29, 2008 at 3:46pm

1. Make sure smultron is not setting the Apple filetype code to something strange (we’ve heard reports of this, and I assume that unless you have errors in your formatting, that this is your issue). Using TextWrangler, TextMate, TextEdit or many other fine text editors work fine. I’m not sure why smultron has issues as I’ve never used it.

2. UTF-8 no BOM (Byte Ordering Mark), is the native character encoding for all max files. We try to detect other file encodings, but it’s not perfect.

-Joshua

#129116
Apr 29, 2008 at 4:35pm

On Apr 29, 2008, at 7:14 AM, BenCello wrote:
> I got some problems also editing the maxinterface.json… It showed
> up that if you edit it with an external editor (as Smultron in my
> case), Max does not start normally afterwards.

It’s worth noting that on the Mac at least, the Console application
will point out where Max had problems parsing maxinterface.json.

-C

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com

http://www.xfade.com

#129117
Apr 29, 2008 at 4:47pm

Thank you jkc

It works indeed perfectly with textedit. It’s not the first time I have some problems with Smultron concerning the coding. I don’t really know how to set it up to avoid those issues. Never mind…

Cheers

#129118

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.