Max/msp new comer

Nov 4, 2006 at 9:19am

Max/msp new comer

Hi everybody! I am new in Max/msp. I keep reading the tutorials and work with the tutorial patches. It i realy fascinating.
I was wondering if there are any on-line free lessons or guidlines for me to study. Thanks!!!

panos

Nov 4, 2006 at 12:06pm

Hi,
check out the cycling74 website at http://www.cycling74.com under tutorials
and community…

Titus

Nov 4, 2006 at 8:52pm

There are quite a few out there now…i’ve found the Creative Synth tutorials, (www.creativesynth.com), to be good and you could also have a look under the “in depth” tag at the top of this page too, (as well as the tutorials section which titus mentioned, they’re really helpfull)!

Somebody also pointed me too some tutorials by Peter Elsea,(ftp://arts.ucsc.edu/pub/ems/MaxTutors/) which are excellent too.

You could also work through the examples in the Examples folder too, you’d be amazed how much you’ll learn from looking at how other people have solved problems (and of course using the reference manual to ascertain what the objects you don’t recognise are doing will also help you learn to learn Max/MSP).

And finally, you’ll find loads more examples posted on this forum for you to have a look at…just do a search for a subject you’re interested in and then scroll down the thread until you come across a patch in text form, (once you’ve looked through the tutorials section that titus suggested you’ll know what it looks like and what to do with it).

Hope that helps,
John

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.