Forums > MaxMSP

MaxMSP to Reason to Protools?

January 30, 2006 | 5:15 pm

My setup=Powerbook 1.5 ghz with OSX 10.3

I’m trying to use a Max/MSP patch to control a synth in Reason (2.5) to record in Protools…I know it has something to do with Rewire which I have working, etc in Protools…I’m pretty sure I know how to record Reason via Rewire in Protools, but how do I get Max patch to control multiple synths in Reason simultaneously?

Also, I’m trying to build an interactive musical site with Flash…I’m don’t know much about programming languages, but i was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction of creating interactive sound stuff…is there an ideal language to learn…or software to use?

Thanks!

January 30, 2006 | 6:18 pm

interapplication midi busses. send your midi data on separate channels to reason via the "from max/msp" bus… and in your "advanced midi" preferences in reason… set midi device "a" to receive from the same midi bus.

you then use the midi device at the top of the rack to route your midi information by channel to the instruments you want to control.

jeremy

Damon wrote:
My setup=Powerbook 1.5 ghz with OSX 10.3

I’m trying to use a Max/MSP patch to control a synth in Reason (2.5) to record in Protools…I know it has something to do with Rewire which I have working, etc in Protools…I’m pretty sure I know how to record Reason via Rewire in Protools, but how do I get Max patch to control multiple synths in Reason simultaneously?

Also, I’m trying to build an interactive musical site with Flash…I’m don’t know much about programming languages, but i was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction of creating interactive sound stuff…is there an ideal language to learn…or software to use?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)