any compatibility check ?

best regards

f.e

f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
> >>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
> >>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|

December 17, 2006 | 8:08 am

http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=85540&rid=4209

Well, there was this topic about it. Hope it helps.

December 17, 2006 | 1:03 pm

Personally, i’d stay away from Vista for a while yet because most soundcard manufacturers still haven’t released new drivers, (RME being a notable exception). From what i’ve heard all Vista drivers will need to be digitally signed, registered with Micro$oft etc…which is undoubtedly slowing the whole process down too!

Vista’s also a resource stealer, (it consumes far more RAM and CPU to do the same tasks), so it’s probably not worth the upgrade in that regard yet either.

Of course you’ll also find that some of your XP programs will work, whilst others won’t, so even if Max works and you can get the rest of your system running properly under Vista…you may well find that some of your applications, VSTs and other usefull stuff won’t be supported, (which means yet more expensive upgrades).

Micro$oft don’t exactly have a reputation for releasing stable software on the first release, (or the 2nd, 3rd…nth for that matter). So for the time being my advice will be to look before you leap, unless you’re really into tinkering under the hood of your PC of course…personally i prefer a stable system over the latest bells and whistles, but each to their own.

Until there’s a compelling reason to upgrade, i for one will be giving it a wide berth because i’d rather have my system resources dedicated to processes i want to run, rather than mandatory processes running the OS!

Hope that helps,
Johns

December 20, 2006 | 5:40 am

Works fine for me.

b

john inder wrote:
> Personally, i’d stay away from Vista for a while yet because most soundcard manufacturers still haven’t released new drivers, (RME being a notable exception). From what i’ve heard all Vista drivers will need to be digitally signed, registered with Micro$oft etc…which is undoubtedly slowing the whole process down too!
>
> Vista’s also a resource stealer, (it consumes far more RAM and CPU to do the same tasks), so it’s probably not worth the upgrade in that regard yet either.
>
> Of course you’ll also find that some of your XP programs will work, whilst others won’t, so even if Max works and you can get the rest of your system running properly under Vista…you may well find that some of your applications, VSTs and other usefull stuff won’t be supported, (which means yet more expensive upgrades).
>
> Micro$oft don’t exactly have a reputation for releasing stable software on the first release, (or the 2nd, 3rd…nth for that matter). So for the time being my advice will be to look before you leap, unless you’re really into tinkering under the hood of your PC of course…personally i prefer a stable system over the latest bells and whistles, but each to their own.
>
> Until there’s a compelling reason to upgrade, i for one will be giving it a wide berth because i’d rather have my system resources dedicated to processes i want to run, rather than mandatory processes running the OS!
>
> Hope that helps,
> Johns
> –
> Imagination is more important than knowledge – A. Einstein
>

barry threw :: sound | (if you would see the stars clearly,
http://www.barrythrew.com | look hard at the surrounding darkness)
bthrew(at)gmail(dot)com | -Ooka Makoto
857-544-3967 |

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)