Forums > MaxMSP

Maxuino communication problem

December 3, 2012 | 5:41 pm

Hello,

I recently just got an Arduino Mega 2560. I want to use it will max so have turned to Maxuino. I have gone through the set up procedure but am not getting any input signal from analog or digital ins. I am however getting lights (from rx) on the board anytime I click something in Maxuino.

I have downloaded the OSC-route external and have loaded the StandardFirmata up to the board.

I have also done a few of the Arduino examples to make sure I was correctly receiving digital and analog inputs, which worked fine.

I am totally stumped, any pointers greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

December 4, 2012 | 11:11 pm

Hey. The same thing is happening to me. I’ve done everything necessary to set it up. I’ve tried using both my Mega 2560 and my Pro 5v 16Mhz, and I see the Rx/Tx light up when I try to pwm or blink a led, but nothing else happens. Both these boards work fine with pduino in pure data. I’m totally stumped too. Using Max 6 and maxuino 014 (tried other versions and the same thing happens).

December 8, 2012 | 11:23 am

I am using maxuino _014. When I open it i get the following error messages in the max window:

maxuino-gui: No such object
js: no function msg_int
js: can’t find file maxuino.js

I have selected the maxuino_014 folder as a max search path folder in max>options>file preferences so i cant work out why those things would be missing…hmmmm.

Any helpers? Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)