Maxuino documentation / tutorials

Nov 8, 2010 at 3:22am

Maxuino documentation / tutorials

I’m having a hard time finding any documentation or tutorials for getting started with Maxuino. Anyone know of a good place to find some information?

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:14pm

Growing: *in case you are still interested*
hi, you’re not the only one. Reverse-engineering the ‘documentation’ patches seems to be the only way to go about it. I will probably post a demo patch a bit more approachable in the next day or two. I’m just reading the analog ins on a duemilanove (from analogue LFOs) but the principles should be transferrable.

Jan 30, 2011 at 12:12am

Hi ashs_au, I have reached the same conclusion. I’m sure it was presented with pedagogic intent ;)

I’m somewhat baffled why he has put so many in/outs on the interface, but then I have an early model. Anyway, I did get it working with analogue inputs for a bit, but I couldn’t figure out how, then I stopped it working. So, maybe time to print out the javascript in Max manual, and be clear what’s going on.

Regards, Chris.

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:45pm

My experience is that although Maxuino is a pretty full-featured system, it’s pretty difficult to take apart and repurpose. I’d highly recommend looking at some of the Serial communication examples in the Arduino distro (w/ included Max patches) and the Max serial tutorial. If you are just looking for a quick start on using the Arduino with MaxMSP, there are some other options available.

Here’s one: http://cycling74.com/toolbox/sensorbox/

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:11pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll look into that.

Feb 5, 2011 at 5:01pm

Andrew, many thanks for pointing me to sensorbox (and for writing and sharing it). It’s just what I needed to get me up and running; very straightforward, and enough pointers to move onto driving Arduino outputs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.