Maxuino v.009 release

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:39am

Maxuino v.009 release

hello friends,

pleased to announce maxuino v.009: http://www.maxuino.org/?p=58;

this update includes an M4L device for communicating with an arduino-compatible device from within ableton, for application ranging from home-made-sensor-based-controllers, to control-voltage driven analog gear.

looking forward to your feedback on the beta release,

ali momeni ( & chris coleman)

Apr 6, 2010 at 11:14am

will maxuino work with ArduinoBT? The maxuino website only list other boards, but also doesn’t say that it’s incompatible …

cheers

s

Apr 6, 2010 at 10:15pm

Sebastian, if Firmata works, then Maxuino should work, tho you might need to change the hardware txt file to add it and its pins to the settings if you are using the GUI. Niether of us has that model so we didnt design for it

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:59am

I tried uploading the Firmata, there was an error (despite doing the annoying “reset button – release – activate upload Firmata – release reset button” trick you need to do with the BT boards). I would need to check what error I got, will try again and report. Thanks for the reply. S

Apr 27, 2010 at 3:15am

I’ve been running three maxuino objects with three USB boards to read from 38 sensors (two Megas and a Due) but have been having some pretty tough problems.

The main one is that when I’ve got all three boards returning data (using analogIns $1 1 for all numbers) it lags up really badly. One maxuino is fine, and two is okay, but three really ruins it.

So, why do you use [qmetro 1] to bang the serial object? If I understand correctly (not entirely likely) qmetro runs on the lower-level queue, which only polls every 2 ms by default. I just deleted all the qmetro objects (saving it as maxuino-acs) and poll all three serial objects with a single qmetro set to 20 ms. This is good enough for my purposes, and I’m hoping it reduces the lag.

Also, is it possible to schedule messages to occur after the serial device is linked? I don’t see a bang out the right outlet or anything, but it would be nice to have the Arduino configured by a few messages that would be sent directly after it loads the serial device.

Okay, lots of requests–sorry about that. Most of the time it’s working great though! Good work, and I look forward to future versions.

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:41pm

Being new to Live and M4L I can’t work out how to use the M4L device to do anything musical.

The device is seeing my board and sensors OK as the A_in and the PWm sliders move up & down with sensor actuation.

I want, for example, a sensor to play a particular note or modify a parameter of a built in Live analog synth.

Any help? Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.