mc.pmpd/max/seriously confused

Jul 1, 2011 at 7:07pm

mc.pmpd/max/seriously confused

Anyone in the NYC area feel like getting together and sorting this out for me? I understand what a msd system is. I even got msd3d working but I’m just completely confused about how mc.pmpd works. If you’re interested email me. I’ll gladly pay for tutoring.

matt
at
estatesound
dot
com

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:18pm

hi

you have to created a group name with an id.

you can copy this (an exemple) on each object and change id (first mass id 1, second id 2,…..) :

mc.pmpd.mass2d tic @D 0.01 @XY 0.5 0.5 @Xmin 0. @Xmax 1. @Ymin 0. @Ymax 1. @M 5. @gr mass @id 1

if you want to make different group you have to change the name group (gr) and repeat the process.

“tic” be a bang receive, from the clock render for exemple

make the same for link object and other….

mc.pmpd.link2d tic @c1 mass.1 @c2 mass.2 @K 0.1 @D 0.05 @D2 0.05 @L 0.1 @show 1 @gr link @id 1

best
o-o

Jul 2, 2011 at 6:50pm

Hey oranoutan,
Believe it or not, I’ve got that too. What I don’t have is
A) how to fix certain masses so it doesn’t fall apart.
B) how to set a starting point for all the masses.
and C) how to get them to draw to the screen

I’m trying to write an abstraction that creates a cloth like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOvb3WLAX0E

Attached is what I have so far.

Attachments:
  1. Archive.zip
Jul 2, 2011 at 6:51pm

and thanks very much for your response and any help!

Jul 3, 2011 at 12:21pm

hi

a) for fix mass : used argument @solo 1, for don’t fall apart you have to used a pmpd.iplane to define a limit space.
b) to send a start point to mass : used @XY Xposition Yposition (ex :@XY 0.2 0.2) or send setX {position} setY {position} on the right inlet
c) to draw on the screen you have to used a jit object like jit.gl.gridshape or other. you connect a jit.gl.gridshape to the rigth outlet of the pmpd.mass object. for draw masses or link you have to used @show 1

sincerely if you like to created a cloth like your link i advise you to used msd3D. it be more lighter if you used lot of mass and more easy and fast to construct a complex system. but you can’t have a bounds detection…

i have work on 2D sytem based on poly to managed complex system and generate lot of mass with pmpd, i actually work on a 3D system but not ready now. I can informed you when he’s ok…

cheer
f

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.