Forums > MaxMSP

[menubar] can't add menu title

December 8, 2012 | 2:53 am

I have to say, I don’t feel this object being the most intuitive of things. I have a simple menubar script with the following:

#X about About…;
#X open 2;
#X newitem 1;
#X saveas 4;
#X closeitem;
#X file 5 Set Workspace…;
#X end;

When I attempt to add a another menu title (like in the example) "#X menutitle 5 Super-Duper;" I get an error in the Max window:
"menutitle: index must be < = 4 (was 5)"

So I change the menu index to 4 and I get the error message:
"menutitle: index must be >= 5 (was 4)"

It feels like Max is trolling me. Any ideas?

December 8, 2012 | 1:37 pm

Is it that the term ‘file’ in the sixth line should be changed in ‘menutitle’? Anyway, don’t forget to specify the argument 5 in the menubar object.

December 9, 2012 | 2:29 am

Hey JVKR, thanks for replying!

The "file 5 Set Workspace…" is adding Set Workspace to the bottom of the File menu. But all this works as desired. It’s only when I attempt to add a new menu title that it gives me that error and doesn’t save my preferences.

Could you explain what you mean by "specify the argument 5 in the menubar object"?

*EDIT* Sorry, I understand now. The menubar object requires an INT argument to signify the number of menu title outlets if more than the standard 4 are desired.

I realised this IS listed in the help file, however it’s explained only within the argument description for the argument listed as "display".

Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)