Forums > MaxMSP

messages color?

December 15, 2010 | 10:15 am

hi

in Max 4 I was able to change the color of a message by sending it the message "color x" where x was a value. It still works, but the colors are not the same (for instance 8 and 13 did change from a "greyed" blue to bright blue)

I imagine there is a way to fix it (choossing "color…." in the object menu?), but I see no relation between the 56 colors stocked there and the numbers I send to with my "color x" message – and don’t see how to change those colors (I am not a big fan of the color choices in maw 5)

any hint?

many thanks

kasper

December 15, 2010 | 10:48 am

Salut cher Kasper,

don’t know how to get your old sexy Max4 colors, but I know how to change the 56 colors in Max5′s color palette:

first choose the color you like with the color swatch
then click on the "store" button
then click in one of the 56 default swatches.

Et voilà.
As I cannot see the color message in message’s reference, I suspect it is only there for compatibilty reasons.

December 15, 2010 | 11:06 am

right, you can still send the color message with the 16 values. You’ll get the 16 colors from the palette. It’s only there for compatibility you can’t change the colors. If you want to have more control, you can use the RGBA values which open to a big new colorful world ;-)

December 15, 2010 | 12:16 pm

ok, thank you for the "store" manip (I wasn’t sure as how to do it)

the 16 colors values are there, right, but since it is for compatibility reasons, it would have been nice to keep the same ones – or access the old ones, or change them as you want (sometimes it is more convenient to just use the "color $1" message……. even if RGBA is not that difficult….. But smehow I fd it easier to remember values such as 1 2 3 etc than a list such as " 0.76 0.67 0.64 1 !!!!!!!

many thanks

kasper

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)