Forums > Jitter

metro vs qmetro

April 16, 2013 | 9:44 am

I have little glitches (stalling) in jitter rendering every few seconds, and couldnt find out what could be the problem…
Even with just one gridshape with low polygon number, and i have a monster machine, so it's not about render time…

…and i was thinking maybe it's something with Qmetro and VSync on my card (GTX660M)… as it seems a bit strange for me, why Qmetro is oscillating around the 60Hz and why it can't bang out exactly 60Hz like the normal Metro, check the pic below please!

My idea was, maybe it's some kind of accumulation of syncing errors and the little stall (should be one frame not higher, but even that's a not wanted thing :D) can be related to the not exact timing of Qmetro?

Could somebody check this and desribe me why Qmetro's timing is just "approximate" (sometimes shorter, sometimes longer) even when there is nothing behind?

[attachment=221131,5437]

Attachments:
  1. metro.jpg

April 16, 2013 | 10:09 am

qmetro sends out bangs in the GUI thread (as opposed to the high-priority timer thread, which is what the normal metro object uses). You can build your own qmetro with a combination of metro + deferlow, for instance.

So the timing jitter is expected.

Best, Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)