microtonal midi keyboard in max msp

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:00pm

microtonal midi keyboard in max msp

hey
i would like to make a microtonal midi keyboard that every key has a slider, where i can slide every individual pitch 100 cents up and down. i couldn’t find out how to. could anyone help me with it?
thank you!

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:45pm

would you like to have 127 sliders ? it would be difficult to control . u need to consider the size for the slider in case you want to see and touch them in a comfort way .

i would use just one slider and recall its state for every key . take a look how i approached it

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

have fun

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:02am

yes, that is what i want! it doesnt matter, how man times i have it there.

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:10am

this isn’t how you should do it, but it is a way to do it. i’d imagine a non-signal based solution would involve coll in place of the peek~/index~ combo. i patch this way cause i like to and i was bored. adjust to taste and enjoy.

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:16am

and here’s a quick revision where the note adjustments span octaves with 12 sliders total (C is shifted the same no matter where it’s played, etc)

i’ve been playing around with just intonation myself these days. i load the buffers with ratios instead and multiply frequencies by the index~ output. just another idea.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.