Forums > MaxMSP

Midi Feedback Loop in Logic

May 9, 2011 | 6:23 pm

hey everyone, I have a noteout patch with midi info coming from a wii (accelerometer data) which I am sending to logic synths (Logic Pro 8) and at times I am getting some notes that just will not end – it’s very random as far as I can tell, in terms of which notes, but regular in terms how often it happens. Is there any thing I can do to stop this/minimise the chance it happens? I’ve tried adjusting sample rates, putting a limit on the duration in the makenote… perhaps the port is problem, I read somewhere that IAC port was a bad thing and likely to cause this but I have no idea how to stop this..

Thanks in advance and sorry for being a little general, I would post the patch but it’s pretty generic in terms of an aka.wiimote sending the accelerometer to noteout (From MaxMSP1).

May 9, 2011 | 7:36 pm

i’m not sure, but maybe you mean something like the midiflush object,isn’t it?

May 10, 2011 | 10:54 am

Thanks, I gave that a shot and it’s in my path now, however I found taking out the speedlim object [speedlim 50] (just for reference) and letting the data flow more ‘freely’ helped prevent a backlog of continuous notes…

If anyone does have further insight into how this could, or could not, be a reason I think it would be helpful to have up on here.
Cheers
Nick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)