Forums > MaxMSP

MIDI + Gate problems

May 17, 2010 | 4:44 am

I’m creating a patch for live performance which uses the matrix on my KP3 to control, 7 separate sliders which in turn control 3 different parameters and can also be armed to record live input. I’m using Gates linked to the other buttons on my KP3 to switch between these. Everything runs perfectly until I tap my Kaoss Pad matrix and the MIDI data of my new finger position is also sent through the gate (which is supposed to filter this out) to the last position of my finger. This is a big flaw, since my patch is supposed to record 7 different slices of audio, but every time I record a new slice, the previous slice is also recorded over due to the MIDI data being sent to both record buttons. I’ve experimented with delay to try and solve this, but have not yet fixed it. Any help is appreciated!

This is the MIDI section of the patch:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

May 18, 2010 | 10:17 am

I didn’t look at your patch long enough to work out what’s going on (or what’s not), cause I couldn’t get past gawking at that select object with 127 arguments!!! When it gets that big, you really need to be thinking about doing it (as well as other parts f your patch) another way. As a start, check the [split] object…

May 18, 2010 | 5:44 pm

This was addressed on the other thread about this subject:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=26600

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)