Forums > Max For Live

Midi messages to an Audio effect

October 13, 2012 | 3:48 pm

Hello, I’ve a question about the possibility to send in M4L a Midi message to an audio effect: in particular, I’d like to tune a filter center frequency by a MIDI keyboard, so I’d like the patch to receive the message from outside…I know should be possible, but I can’t figure out.
thanks

Matteo L.

October 13, 2012 | 6:56 pm

either use one of m4l’s ui object and map midi from inside Live the way you would for any standard Live audio effect, or you can get midi infos from a midi track into a max midi effect which will send the messages as control messages to your max audio effect.

October 13, 2012 | 7:02 pm

Thanks, but the fist possibility It’s not for my problem…I need the value of the note and the velocity…I post the original patch in Max, and I’d like to make it function in the same manner in live as an audio effect. I’m sorry but I haven’t understood the second one, that seems what I’m looking for: could you explain It a bit.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Thanks

MAtteo

October 13, 2012 | 7:56 pm

1.) do you know the objects mtof and mtof~ ?
2.) midi input to plug-ins must be turned on somewhere in live’s prefs.

October 14, 2012 | 9:03 am

I know abot mtof and mtof~, but the problem is that I’m not able to make the patch recieving the midi signal.is there an object capable to recieve midi in a maxforlive audio effect?

October 27, 2012 | 1:23 pm

Below is a M4L device that allows to forward note and CC data to another M4L device, maybe this is what you are looking for!

Best, Robert

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

October 27, 2012 | 2:41 pm

RH, this patch arrived just one vector size after you created it, that’s close to real time ;-)

October 29, 2012 | 9:34 pm

Thanks Robert, seems to work great !!!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)