Midi notes from FFT

Jan 11, 2008 at 7:13pm

Midi notes from FFT

Hey Folks,
I’m trying to obtain midi notes and amplitudes from an FFT of a voice. The idea is to compare a singing voice to a synth producing the same tones.

Thanks in advance
John

#35325
Jan 11, 2008 at 7:22pm

Quote: the chancellor wrote on Fri, 11 January 2008 11:13
—————————————————-
> Hey Folks,
> I’m trying to obtain midi notes and amplitudes from an FFT of a voice. The idea is to compare a singing voice to a synth producing the same tones.
>
> Thanks in advance
> John
—————————————————-

fiddle~ or tristan jehan’s analyzer~

#120284
Jan 11, 2008 at 9:35pm

Cheers But its not really a pitch tracker I’m looking for. I need to do it with FFT’s and extract a list frequencies and their amplitudes inherent in a voice. I haven’t checked out the analyzer~ object but I’m assuming it is another pitch tracker. Any more help would be appreciated.

John

#120285
Jan 11, 2008 at 11:34pm

Yes but fiddle also has partial tracking that gives you a list of freqs and
amps. But my favorite object for that would be Iana~. To do this with raw
fft data would be a nightmare as there are just too many numbers to deal
with, but Iana~ only spits out the “perceptually relevant” frequency
components (it’s not a partial tracker). The downside is that you need to
buy the object from IRCAM :(

Best
Peiman

On 11/01/2008, john wrote:
>
>
> Cheers But its not really a pitch tracker I’m looking for. I need to do it
> with FFT’s and extract a list frequencies and their amplitudes inherent in a
> voice. I haven’t checked out the analyzer~ object but I’m assuming it is
> another pitch tracker. Any more help would be appreciated.
>
> John
>

#120286
Jan 12, 2008 at 1:22am

4th argument of fiddle~? See fiddle~ help file.

On 1/11/08 6:34 PM, “peiman khosravi”

wrote:

> Yes but fiddle also has partial tracking that gives you a list of freqs and
> amps. But my favorite object for that would be Iana~. To do this with raw fft
> data would be a nightmare as there are just too many numbers to deal with, but
> Iana~ only spits out the “perceptually relevant” frequency components (it’s
> not a partial tracker). The downside is that you need to buy the object from
> IRCAM :(
>
> Best
> Peiman
>
> On 11/01/2008, john wrote:
>>
>> Cheers But its not really a pitch tracker I’m looking for. I need to do it
>> with FFT’s and extract a list frequencies and their amplitudes inherent in a
>> voice. I haven’t checked out the analyzer~ object but I’m assuming it is
>> another pitch tracker. Any more help would be appreciated.
>>
>> John
>> < http://www.cycling74.com/mailman/listinfo/maxmsp>
>>
>
>

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson

#120287
Jan 12, 2008 at 5:33pm

Cheers Folks

I have Fairly sorted it with Fiddle~

John

#120288

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.