MIDI, POLIPHONIC AND ADDITIVE SYNTHESIS

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:35pm

MIDI, POLIPHONIC AND ADDITIVE SYNTHESIS

hi list,
you will find two patches here attached.

i’m tring to build a midi poliphonic patch with
additive synthesis… now i’m using only one
sinewave, just to try the amplitude control…

i have a big problem… i realized that
when i move the number box of the amplitude…
it is applied only to ONE NOTE of the poliphony…

my goal is to make additive synthesis while i play
poliphonic keboards…

do you have some suggestion?????
thanks
fv

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:29pm

You don’t need to use the “target” message, [poly~] does this automatically for MIDI input data if you prepend it with “midinote”. Look into the reference pages for [poly~] to learn more. You might also want to look at the “steal” message for voice stealing. Good luck.

lh

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:31pm

First of all, please save your patches as small as possible, or select them and do Edit >> Copy Compressed. They show up at 24″ on my 15″ laptop and I can’t find the scroll bars.

To answer one question, if you send [target 0] to [poly~] then it will send your amplitude function to all 16 instances of [poly~]. Secondly, if you pack the notein with a [prepend midinote] then it will keep the noteon/noteoff events sorted out so that you can have polyphonic noteoffs. I wasn’t sure how you were working the modulation in there, because I didn’t have your targetbeep4 patch. Let me know if this makes some sense to you. I didn’t know what the [ctlin 7 1] part was supposed to do–I’m assuming it just didn’t translate because you didn’t pack your targetbeep4 poly~ patch.

-Andrew

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.