Forums > MaxMSP

Midi problems

March 17, 2010 | 7:34 am

The purpose of this patch is is to run signals from a ewi and let it "count" itself through a number of pre-decided chords. The note of the ewi decides the bottom note of each chord. A it is now, the patch works fine until you start playing legato; if it doesn’t detect a note-off before you strike the next note, the previous note will hang. Now, according to the help files there are a few objects that could help out with that: poly, flush of midiflush. However, it seems that whatever i do, it doesn’t really do the trick. (There is one weird thing i had to do in order to make it work as it does now: the [pipe 0] should not actually doing anything, but in this case it works for note-offs). As soon as you start playing legato, the notes are hanging.

Attachments:
  1. midichords.maxpat

March 17, 2010 | 8:03 am
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 17, 2010 | 11:13 am

I haven’t taken a look at your patch, but I had need of something to enforce a strict monophonic not stream, and came up with this:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 18, 2010 | 8:24 pm

Thank you, Chris!

I found that the problem wasn’t actually a problem. The poly does the job just fine now, so i have probably made a series of poor connections. Anyway, the use of the borax object in your patch is interesting, so i learned a lot.

thanks again,

E


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)