Forums > MaxMSP

midi triggering

September 18, 2013 | 3:20 am

Heeloo,

I’ve got a some what complex patch, I wont take you through the process as this will confuse.

1) all the input data is generated from a notein trigger.
2) to re route data, switches/clear/resets/etc…. are controlled by note off messages. (velin, sel0)

This all works fine if the user presses a different key each time, user presses key all data is triggered, user lets go of key data is re-routed.

However, if the user presses the same key multiply times, the switches are changing but the data is not.
I need a way to trigger things only if the data is different every time.

so an object which stores the first input and acts as a sel object, ie: if message matches outlet1, no match outlet2.
The input message needs to change everytime, if its different.

I’m sure this is not the best way to describe what I want. Please ask further probing questions to clear the confusion.

September 18, 2013 | 4:50 am

Hi
I appreciate you don’t want to post a complex patch, but maybe just the part you describe might help. Otherwise, would [trigger b i] or [change] help in any way?

Brendan

September 18, 2013 | 6:57 am

Hi Brendan, I’ve sent you the patch at ‘interpose’ email. thanks Ashley.

September 18, 2013 | 7:43 am

Hi Ashley
Only have time to glance at your patch, and it’s not abundantly clear what the different parts of your patch are doing (only cos I’m way busy and thick); but from what you describe in your email, see if the following simple patch helps; you say you only want output if something changes, well:

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

Brendan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)