Midiselect and Midiparse bugs – Javascript help

May 14, 2012 at 3:29am

Midiselect and Midiparse bugs – Javascript help

Hi all. My midiselect and midiparse commands freeze on occasion. I’ve been told that they have bugs when they get overloaded with data.
Someone at eowave sent me this .js file as a fix, but I’m javastupid and don’t know what to do with it. I’ve made a object in Max, but don’t know what to connect it to.

Anyone able to help? Might be a useful script to make available more widely, if other people are having this problem too…

Attachments:
  1. miditolist.js
May 14, 2012 at 8:03am

Do you have an example of freeze? If so please send it to support. I doubt using javascript, which runs at low priority, is going to improve the situation here.

May 14, 2012 at 8:30am

I have the patcher, but not sure if that will help you.
I’m using two Eobody HFs with six wireless accelerometers, and getting the data into Max using midiselect. Sometimes the data stream just freezes; sometimes for 1-2 seconds; sometimes indefinitely until I restart Max. A print command from midiin shows that it’s not freezing there.
Tech support at Eowave (the company that makes the Eobody) said that there was a known bug in midiparse and midiselect when “too much” data is coming in.
I can post the patcher if it’s of use to you…
Thanks

May 14, 2012 at 9:23am

The script is useful as midi monitor converting raw bytes to readable messages.
But you could also try using it as “midiparse” like this.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
May 14, 2012 at 9:47am

@vonnegreat if you can make a MIDI file out of the stream it might help to reproduce the overflow you’re experiencing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.