Forums > MIRA

MIRA stability

July 29, 2013 | 4:42 pm

Hello!
Mira is great!
Two things:
I don’t want to upset anybody but I am a bit surpised that MIRA is not called a beta version until now. I mean I find it really really really great but you know people are using max and I guess especially Mira particularly often for realtime performances/concerts. So stability is a big thing here. Considering how often Mira crashed/crashes (or it even seemed to crash max in previous versions), I am a bit surprised that this is not released with a warning or something. But ok. It also seems to sometimes have some dropouts, but ok, that’s somthing one can live(even perform) with.

The other, more important, thing: When (approximately) can we expect a rock solid version?

Thanks a lot, and thanks for mira!

August 1, 2013 | 12:14 am

+1, its been a little bit quiet re updates and fixes…

August 2, 2013 | 9:27 am

I think many of us are kind of hanging in the air(can one say so in english?)
Many of us have built custom interfaces in lemur, touch OSC etc and are thinking about rebuidling everything in MIRA(or have already done it..).
For the time being this yields lots of frustration, and one cannot be sure if upcoming performances can be done with mira.
Don’t get me wrong, dear cycling and sam, you gave us something great (for what i think is a reasonable price) and I don’t want to only critizise it. But mira would just be much more great if we knew a bit more about its perspectives. eg. I would really need a matrix like UI element, I am sure other people are also very much interested what or if other UI objects are coming up and when.
Of course also my initial question (stability ETA) is, I guess, of importance for many people.
Thanks again!

August 17, 2013 | 7:54 am

Phew! So it’s not just my setup. That’s a relief cos it shows that there seem to be bugs that will, hopefully, be fixed fairly soon. About 1/4 of the time it just doesn’t work, e.g. today Mira tells me that my "Current WiFi" is my computer (so far so good) but when Mira tries to connect I keep getting this error message:

"Server Error

Could not connect to Server: Bill-Cantys-MacBook. Error 70007. The operation couldn’t be completed. Unknown error 70007."

Is this the most official place to report problems like this?

Of course, when it works it’s brilliant in how much it’s simplified my plans. Instead of futzing around with Lemur, Network in AudioMIDI Setup, etc. etc. it’s all just Max, and that’s great!

August 19, 2013 | 6:37 am

Agreed! It is an awesome project with lots of potential – but still can’t switch over yet from Lemur. Hopefully soon!

August 29, 2013 | 1:48 pm

So yeah, a big +1 to stability.

I just had MIRA fail on a concert for me today. Worked fine in rehearsal, then before performance, it kept crashing, then wouldn’t connect to the local network.

Was using MIRA as a dynamic/networked score, so it meant the piece could not go on at all. Not like I was just missing some cool touch controls.

Really regretting buying the app on the day it came out…..

August 29, 2013 | 6:58 pm

I don’t regret buying it so soon, but obviously one can’t use it for these things for now. I still stick to lemur for these reasons, after enthusiasticly having built interfaces for MIRA…
I guess the initial question would still be interesting..

ETA stability?

Some people have projects going over a view months and it would really make a difference to know if MIRA will get useable in the meanwhile.

September 5, 2013 | 10:23 am

It crashes every time I try and use the multi-touch and motion functions. I can hardly wait until a new version comes out… I am trying to use Mira as an instrument (I see the potential), but its simply limited to user interface items… and even then its not very stable.

Also, it would be wonderful if some kind of direct link to the computer could be made, because I need timing accuracy if Mira is going to be anything more than a drone interface…

I also find it makes my Ipad very hot (it must be cpu intensive or something).

I get the same network error as Bill sometimes and have to restart my ipad.

September 28, 2013 | 11:00 am

The initial question is two months old now. Still no comments by the developers?
greetings

September 28, 2013 | 11:31 am

Pretty disappointed with the lack of communication from C74 regarding this issue which basically means that the app I paid for months ago can not be used in a live environment. I emailed support the other day, they say:

"We have a new version that should be released very shortly (within weeks)."

September 28, 2013 | 2:20 pm

I saw some mention of that in another thread, mum has definitely been the word on the forum which is a shame as there’s been a lot of concerns raised.

It’s sat unused on my iPad since it failed on me on a gig a month ago.

October 6, 2013 | 5:55 am

I was expecting a lot from Mira – bought it from day 1 – but I couldn’t use it once without ending with a crash or having a problem to connect to Max. I am going on with Lemur, the only serious drawback being the impossibility to transmit OSC messages trough USB (and my iPad can’t be jailbroken – yet). Hope Mira will solve this issue too, as wi-fi introduces a noticeable latency.

October 8, 2013 | 7:34 pm

@Bill Canty

Were you able to figure out what causes the 70007 error?

We have seen that in conjunction with the firewall in Mac 10.8.5

Please let us know – you may write into support if you wish

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)