Forums > Java

modify a java file


FP
December 4, 2008 | 7:40 pm

hi,

i tried to modify the "MorseGen.java" file to add excalamation mark .

i added this (just after the QUESTION_MARK one) :
private static final char[] EXCLAMATION_MARK = new char[]{DASH,DOT,DASH,DOT,DASH,DASH};

and this (just after the QUESTION_MARK one too):
else if(c == ‘!’)
morse = EXCLAMATION_MARK;

it doesn’t work. did i miss something ? do i have to change the .class files too ? how ?

thx.
fp./


December 4, 2008 | 8:28 pm

what did you edit the java file with?
t
fp wrote:
> hi,
>
> i tried to modify the "MorseGen.java" file to add excalamation mark .
>
> i added this (just after the QUESTION_MARK one) :
> private static final char[] EXCLAMATION_MARK = new char[]{DASH,DOT,DASH,DOT,DASH,DASH};
>
> and this (just after the QUESTION_MARK one too):
> else if(c == ‘!’)
> morse = EXCLAMATION_MARK;
>
> it doesn’t work. did i miss something ? do i have to change the .class files too ? how ?
>
> thx.
> fp./
> –
> ————————
> – http://www.pan-etc.net -
> ————————
>
>


December 4, 2008 | 8:45 pm

And did you recompile it after you edited it?

Dan

On 12/4/08 3:28 PM, "topher lafata" wrote:

> what did you edit the java file with?
> t
> fp wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> i tried to modify the "MorseGen.java" file to add excalamation mark .
>>
>> i added this (just after the QUESTION_MARK one) :
>> private static final char[] EXCLAMATION_MARK = new
>> char[]{DASH,DOT,DASH,DOT,DASH,DASH};
>>
>> and this (just after the QUESTION_MARK one too):
>> else if(c == ‘!’)
>> morse = EXCLAMATION_MARK;
>>
>> it doesn’t work. did i miss something ? do i have to change the .class files
>> too ? how ?
>>
>> thx.
>> fp./
>> –
>> ————————
>> – http://www.pan-etc.net -
>> ————————
>>
>>
>


Dan Nigrin – Defective Records
202 Hack / PC-1600 User / VSTi Host / Jack OS X / Major Malfunction
http://defectiverecords.com

http://jackosx.com



FP
December 5, 2008 | 6:42 pm

hi,

thx to answer.

i used just text wrangler.
i didn’t recompile.

how to ?

thx.
f./


December 5, 2008 | 10:26 pm

You should go through the Java/mxj tutorial – look in your Max application
folder, at java-doc/tutorial/html/index.html .

That should get you going.

Dan

On 12/5/08 1:42 PM, "fp" wrote:

>
> hi,
>
> thx to answer.
>
> i used just text wrangler.
> i didn’t recompile.
>
> how to ?
>
>
> thx.
> f./
> –
> ————————
> – http://www.pan-etc.net -
> ————————


Dan Nigrin – Defective Records
202 Hack / PC-1600 User / VSTi Host / Jack OS X / Major Malfunction
http://defectiverecords.com

http://jackosx.com



FP
December 6, 2008 | 5:15 pm

yes thx. sorry for the noise. i had to begin by that…

i got with quicky finally.
but i couldn’t get it with the terminal’s method…


Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)