Forums > MaxMSP

Modular +expertsleepers + max for live markov patch

June 30, 2014 | 10:04 am

Hello again friends.

Feels good to greet the community after some time away. i have been working on a patch to sequence my modular thru expert sleepers software but cannot seem to get the velocities from the ableton live seq to open the adsr. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Camilo

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

July 1, 2014 | 6:38 am

it’s certainly outputting midi. So it’s a problem with your expert sleepers setup.

My first thought is that your patch outputs note-offs in a strange way. Try recording some of it into a track in live, you’ll see what I mean.
Other than that we’d need to see your expert sleepers setup, I think.

July 3, 2014 | 3:42 am

Hi Wetterberg. Thanks, i looked at the recorded midi and it does seem like the note off messages aren’t really working. my question would be: what sort of structure could you imagine using in this case for interlacing note off messages? I have been trying with modulo and boolean for even odd numbers and a delay object triggering a 0 with a small offset. neither of them work.

July 3, 2014 | 5:20 pm

why not just use makenote to manage this for you?

July 24, 2014 | 5:09 am

so i got the patch to produce the right amount of note offs, now i am having an issue with polyphony: i mean, i’m not sure why but when i look at the recording of the midi file i see some chords, even though i have only input a single voice line. any idea how to correct this without disturbing the markov distribution?

July 24, 2014 | 5:28 pm

Perhaps if it were cleaned up/reorganized/commented I would be able to help, but I can’t operate or read the patch as it stands right now.

July 25, 2014 | 2:14 am

hi, Wetterberg, sorry about that. here’s a cleaned up version.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)